Tuesday 22 April 2014

First Impressions: Titanfall

The Titans Have Landed. This is the next generation of first person shooters with bigger guns, better graphics, more unrealistic but awesome jumping and mechs. Massive mechs with machine guns. From the ten minutes or so I have played of this game (I am now officially an expert!), I have found it both enjoyable and incredibly frustrating. I enjoyed the gameplay with the parkour and titans but I was frustrated with mostly, my and other people's skills (mine being quite poor and other people seeming to have participated in the world championship of headshotting).



The graphics are stunning and the mech is actually quite easy to handle and a welcome break from the fast-paced action of the pilots. Titans hit hard and can deal damage quickly although cannot aim as well or move around as quickly as the pilots. Pilots can dodge titans and parkour around the map and take little in the way of damage. They can also destroy titans by jumping on their backs and shooting the hell out of them. This was my primary job (of which I assigned myself) and one I felt I was quite good at. However, watch out for titan's feet or you will be crushed. You. Have. Been. Warned.

Having little experience with FPS's, I felt this game handled itself quite well and the balancing was well done with even me being able to score a few kills. The atmosphere of the game is great with titans dropping out of the sky and rockets firing overhead, you really feel in the game. I only got to play with one of the classes of titans although they all seemed good and I can see it being a real team game.

Now I don't know about the PC's version controls (I played on the Xbox One) but the controls were nice and without a tutorial I could guess where all the commands were with relative ease. I will be buying this game sometime in the future hopefully and I can't wait to see what the next generation of FPS's holds.

Thanks for reading, Satamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment