Monday 7 April 2014

First Impressions: OlliOlli/Fez/The Swapper

For this First Impressions, I will be doing three games in this post as I didn't get a good enough look to write too much about all of them separately. All these games are on the PS4.



OlliOlli: This retro 2D skater is basically what it says on the tin. I had a few gos of this game and found out a few things:
1: Quite nice retro graphics but doesn't really show off the PS4's capabilities.
2: Retro level of difficulty which is of course very hard.
3: Cool tricks but (to me at least) not very responsive controls.
4: I'm not very good at any sport not even sport based games.

Fez: This was the game I played the least in Eurogamer (because I ran out of time) although it looked good with a nice control scheme. You have to collect a certain number of cubes by traversing up a tower by doing basic platforming. However, there is a twist. You can rotate the tower giving you a different perspective and giving the game a very interesting level design which can vary greatly depending on the perspective you are viewing the game at.

The Swapper: If OlliOlli and Fez don't show off the PS4's graphics capabilities, this does. From what I've played of it (which isn't much), I was stunned by the graphics and atmosphere of the game and although I didn't know much about the story, it was still fun to play. The basis of the game was that you controlled a character in an astronaut suit who could make copies of himself to solve puzzles. The puzzles I played mostly revolved around switches and button pads but it was still quite a good gimmick. However, the character himself felt quite ragdollish with limited animation in movement and jumping. Overall a good game which I may have to play more of.

Thanks for reading, Satamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment