Wednesday 1 January 2020

Hiatus

So, this is a tough post to write. Games, Apps And Reviews is going on hiatus for the foreseeable future to allow myself and the rest of the team to focus on other projects.

After nearly seven years helming Games, Apps And Reviews I am incredibly proud of what it has become and I hope you, the readers, have enjoyed reading and interacting with our content as much as we’ve enjoyed writing it.

I still remember my first post - a paragraph review of Kingdom Hearts - written with a sudden burst of inspiration in my room. As I grew up, so did the blog, changing from a general opinion on a game to an in-depth look at mechanics, story and style. Apps, film and TV all followed as well as variations on the review like First Impressions and Comments.

We also changed the output levels, focussing more on each post, curating them to a higher standard, and publishing them when we felt it was best. A bit of a change from the YouTube channel, ‘fact of a day’ on Twitter, quote of the week and monthly Video Game Character of the Month!

I’d like to thank my writers, from the guest writers who brought their opinions to the blog in a post here and there, to the core team and especially Harry, who was instrumental in developing some of the more ‘out there’ ideas such as the Video Game Character of the Month.

Thank you to all of our readers, without you I’d just be a cynical man speaking my criticisms at an inanimate object. Thank you to the publishers who allowed us to test and review their hard work and thank you to Blogger for being a great platform to work on!

Now, this is hopefully not goodbye and Games, Apps And Reviews might return in some form or other in the future. Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading, Satamer and the rest of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment