Friday 15 July 2016

Behind-The-Team: Pokémon Go Journal: Day 1

You may not have heard, but a new Pokémon game was released recently for iPhone and Android, set in the real world. It is, of course, Pokémon Go, global phenomenon, the cause for children and adults alike getting out of their homes and walking to catch AR creatures. You've heard the stories of people being brought together by Pokémon again, like the 90's, and we've decided to add to it with our own experiences of Pokémon Go. If you have any experiences of the world of Pokémon Go then please don't hesitate to comment.

Satamer:
Pokémon caught:
8x Weedle
2x Kakuna (one was evolved, one was caught)
3x Pidgey
4x Rattata
1x Pikachu (my starter)
4x Zubat
1x Drowzee

Eggs:
5x 5km eggs
1x 2km egg

Harry and I set off at 11am for an hour of searching for Pokémon in our village, scouting out Pokéstops and gyms. After hearing the stories of rural areas having nothing, I was pleasantly surprised to get to 7 Pokéstops in an hour of play. This is, of course, after I made the starter Pokémon relocate 4 times so I could get a Pikachu. Along the way, we met a couple of people playing, including one guy who shouted 'Pokémon Go!' at us when he was driving past. After spending a good 20 Pokéballs on a Pidgeot which flew away, we decided to go back and recharge - my phone had dropped 60%! I went out again in the evening to help my Dad set up his account and even more people had joined! Sadly, that meant the servers were starting to slow and as I had experienced a couple of freezes already, I decided to call it a night. Not bad for day one, though, as I was always able to connect to the game and it's just great to catch snippets of people's conversations when walking and hearing them talk about Pokémon!

Harry:
Pokémon caught:
1x Charmander (starter)
1x Caterpie
7x Weedle
1x Kakuna (from evolution)
4x Pidgey
5x Rattata
4x Zubat
1x Drowzee

Eggs:
4x 5km eggs
1x 10km eggs

While Satamer was busy stumbling along outside, helping our Dad catch a Pikachu, I was desperately trying to get some Pokéballs, after having lost all of my Pokéballs to a Pidgeot and Krabby (neither were caught *cue sad music*) and to that end, I went on a Pokéstop hunt. Firstly, I sneaked one in at the local Explorers before asking my Mum (a budding Pokémon trainer in her own right) to go the long way back, passing 3 or 4 of the 7 Pokéstops available in our village (we drove past the fourth one but my game froze before I could collect anything). However, I still managed to catch a Weedle and a Rattata before getting home so, all in all, a pretty good Pokémon outing. Onto tomorrow and more slavery of innocent virtual creatures!

Euan:
Pokémon caught:
1x Caterpie (called Ryan)
1x Rattata (called Steve)
1x Weedle (called Patrice)
1x Venonat (called John)
1x Krabby (called Freddy)
1x Drowzee (called Bob)
1x Nidroran male (called Joshua)
1x Pidgey (called Simon)
1x Squirtle (called Jeremy)

All without leaving the house!

Allison:
Pokémon Caught:
1x Rattata
1x Weedle
1x Pidgey
1x Zubat
1x Pikachu (starter)
Nearly caught: a Jigglypuff

That's it for day 1 of our Pokémon Go journal. If you want to be featured or have an exciting story to tell, please don't hesitate to comment.

Thanks for reading, Satamer.
AND
Goodbye for now, Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment