Sunday 7 February 2016

First Impressions: Pong (Binatone)

Okay, I know that these final EGX 2015 First Impressions have been a long time coming, and I'll just apologize quickly for that, so, without further ado, here's the First Impressions for Pong on the Binatone!

It certainly was interesting, playing a game on a Binatone Game Console, and its control scheme was even more so. Basically, you twist the dial up and down so as to move the paddle in the same direction, respectively. While this doesn't offer too much of a change from the standard analog sticks, buttons and joysticks that I'm used to, it was nice to have a slight change of pace.

Now, as for the rest of the game, I was a bit disappointed. I mean, there were only two colours (black and white) and everything was just blocks! I can't even change the framerate or install better textures or mods! There was no customisation, power ups or hats either! It's just terrible, it really is. I expected better. As for the gameplay, all you can do is move up and down and hit a square 'ball' so as to try to score against the opposing paddle. And that's it!
*Disclaimer: every opinion stated in that last paragraph was intended as satire (as is this disclaimer itself) towards the modern gaming genre and does not reflect the actual views of the author, nor the GamesAppsAndReviews team as a whole*

Now, I believe that I did beat Thomas at the game but my memory is a bit hazy due to how long ago it was (again, sorry about that)... hmm, I think I'll give myself that one ;)

Overall, it was nice to play a (really) retro game on a (really) retro console and just goes to show how far the gaming genre has come over the years.

Goodbye for now, Harry

P.S. If anyone knows more specifics as to the console's name then I'd greatly appreciate you commenting about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment