Friday 4 September 2015

First Impressions: Stealth Inc. 2

I got this game for free on Humble Bundle and have been quite impressed with it so far. The game is an open-world stealth game with 'test chamber' levels interspersed in to the main game, allowing you to try new techniques and compete in the global leaderboards. This is how I got on.

I woke up, a clone of some great humanoid who came before me, along with four other clones. We jump down from our stasis chambers and take a look around. I am a 3D model in a 2D space. Ok. We turn to leave but... No... Jerry... Why?!

We are now just four in number and start to travel along, jumping over spikes and watching the world be made around us. We hug the wall as everything behind us is slowly consumed by darkness. Bill trips and we hear him call out, asking us to tell his family that he loves them. I don't even think he has a family, but we say that we will try to fulfill his request. The three of us carry on, with the darkness of the room filling our hearts.

A block is in the way of our progress, George volunteers and goes around the long way so as to push it into the hole. He succeeds and we progress but alas, George is too slow and gets stopped behind the closing door. My only regret is not being able to grab his baseball cards. He had some rare ones.

John and I are the last ones alive at this point. A door bars my progress and a spinning saw is coming to kill me. I stand still, ready for death and just when I think all hope is lost John appears, opens the door and pulls me through. I push him back, back towards the saw, just as the door closes. I will win. Hehehe...

Anyway, I've played a bit more of the game since then and generally had a good time. The mechanics are nice and come at a good pace, as do the test chambers. The leaderboards are also a great addition as it provides a lot of replay value and not all of them are broken... Yet.

Overall, I can't wait to play some more of this game and uncover more of the twisted story.

Thanks for reading, Satamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment