Tuesday 5 January 2016

App Review No. 97 Monument Valley

Strong Points:
Beautifully made
Calming to play (most of the time)
Great style
Great graphics
Good music
Challenging
Fun

Weak Points:
Not very long
Can be frustrating
Due to the movement/optical illusions involved in the game, it can be hard to play in a moving vehicle
In-depth Review:

Release Dates:
World Wide: 3rd April, 2014

Controls: tap, hold and swipe to move and interact with the world

Firstly, let me just say. "I'm not a game player." The odd game of solitaire on the iPad is about as far as I go, however when my sons showed me this app I was intrigued. Beautifully made and calming to play, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. The simplicity of the story but the complexity and depth of the levels, worked really well. The only issue I have is that it wasn't long enough!!! 

The idea of the game was to guide Ida through a collection of puzzles that could have come straight out of a painting. Walking along bridges, you can stand on things to move walls, go under water and be thwarted by pecking blackbirds. Be aware of the optical illusions some things aren't as they seem. I liked the style of the game as it is really unique and delivers on its purpose well.

The graphics were clear and crisp and the music suited the game well. There was even a (minimalist) story! Overall the game was challenging and fun in equal measure and I'm hoping for a sequel. 

Rating: 95%


A review by Allison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment