Monday 10 October 2016

Comment: The Last of Us: Remastered Grounded Mode

I lasted just over a year until I was back into TLOU's story mode, such is the greatness of the game. However, this time I was on Grounded Mode, and I thought I'd do a comment talking about it as it is mildly different to normal difficulty.

Grounded difficulty, in case you didn't know,  involves triple the enemy damage than Hard mode (the difficulty I originally beat the game in), enemy AI is sharper than Survivor (the previous difficulty), supplies are near non-existent, some checkpoints have been removed, Listen Mode and most game prompts are disabled (like Survivor) and, finally, the HUD is gone, making judging your HP quite difficult, to say the least (and, no, the Dualshock Controller's Lightbar doesn't work either - I checked).

So it's definitely a challenge but it makes you play smart; working out AI patterns and visual range. I've played for 3 hours so far, have just passed the first swimming puzzle with Ellie and have done more stealth than I ever thought possible. Dispatching three infected runners without alerting any of them instead of running and gunning was quite a great feeling, even if it's very frustrating when you die for the 20th time in the same place.

Two tips as I leave this comment though: firstly, realise you won't really have more than 3 bullets in a gun at any one time and secondly, health packs aren't a priority - you die too quickly, at least against the infected.

Thanks for reading, Satamer.

P.S. if you want me to keep you guys informed with my progress in Grounded Mode then let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment