Sunday 11 October 2015

First Impressions: Sonic Adventures/Sonic & Knuckles

I played two Sonic games in the replay section while at EGX, one of them was fast paced, 2D mania (&Knuckles) while the other was fast-paced, 3D confusion (no Knuckles here). These are my first impressions on the two games.
Sonic Adventures: I was thrown in to a level with no idea what to do. Fun times really. After working out the controls I proceeded to traverse the area as the magical fox Tails trying desperately to find what I needed to do. I was impressed by the speed and precision of the character although the graphics are definitely showing their age with jagged textures. Also, the action was minimal for the place I was in. In all the game time I had, I managed to go to a train station, go on the train to a different area, realize I was in the right place, go back and then proceed to go into a building and out for five minutes. Overall, it was confusing to say the least.

Sonic & Knuckles:
I played as the Echidna himself, Knuckles. It was fast, it was 2D (like the best Sonic games) and it was awesome. I managed to get all the way to the end boss on this particular stage but sadly didn't beat him (just). Before I got there I: fell with style, destroyed some robots, did a loop de loop, lost some rings, gained some rings, climbed a wall and admired the scenery. Then I played the game.
Sonic & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles
Thanks for reading, Satamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment