Sunday 8 June 2014

First Impressions: Alien: Isolation

It was actually my Dad who played this game at EGX (as readers of the Live Blog will know) but, due to him not having enough time to write this post, he has given me the information and opinions to write it. I'll try my best anyway, so here we go!

So, the first thing to say about Alien: Isolation is that it is not a normal shooter. The reason for this is that it involves a lot more stealth and quietness as you crawl around, trying not to make a noise and avoid the Alien. The atmosphere is great, with a dark and gloomy feeling mixing perfectly with the horror of the game. My Dad never actually met the Alien but he definitely felt its presence as he crept around the Space Station.

My Dad also said that the game us quite straightforward in the fact that you have to do a specific thing to progress. However, the actual rooms and levels are non-linear, with many exits and entrances, to escape through. This helps add strategy to the game as you try to evade the Alien while still leaving an escape route.

Overall, Alien: Isolation appears to be one of those rare games that actually inspire fear and a feeling of vulnerability in the player. My Dad says that he would want to play more and experience the whole game and, after his description, I am inclined to agree with him. Look out for a review at some point in the future!

Goodbye for now, Harry


2 comments: