Saturday 13 June 2015

PC Building: Week 1 - Researching Components

Over 3 months, I planned, built and tested a computer from parts as part of the skills section of my Duke of Edinburgh's award.

This week I did some research, and found that I require these parts in order for it to work.
I found out that I required:
  • Case
  • Central Processing Unit (CPU)
  • Motherboard
  • Random Access Memory (RAM)
  • Hard Disc Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • Power Supply Unit (PSU)Cooling (Fans or Liquid)
  • Monitor
  • Headset or Speakers
  • Thermal Paste
  • Operating System (OS)
  • Mouse
  • Keyboard
And these parts are desired by me in order to obtain better functionality
  • Graphics Card
  • Optical (DVD) Drive
  • Touchscreen Monitor
  • Wireless Card
I also found that I need to wear an earthing wristband so that I do not break the components with static electricity.

This has been a Behind the Team post from Thomas (The Stacinator). Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment